A quick... short post about the hippocampus and the amygdala (parts of the brain).
The hippocampus controls dates, names and facts.
It's easily affected by dementia.
But... the amygdala controls emotions and feelings and is far more resistant to dementia. 💪
Heard from SO MANY people this week since my posts and videos last week who have seen this with their family members.
A loss of factual information but not of feelings.
If you know someone who may need a carer let them know about me and about CareChooser
Christopher “Picks Star Carers” Downie
P.S. Whenever you’re ready... here are 5 ways I can help improve the wellbeing of your elderly parents/spouse:
1. Grab a free copy of my e-book; 3 quick tips to beat falls and confusion. It’s a road map to wellbeing - a 20 second read... We asked the GP on our team; Malcolm for his 3 top tips. — Click Here (https://www.carechooser.com#homecare-falls) Look for the gold banner.
2. Join CareChooser’s Facebook page and connect with us. It’s our new Facebook community where you can follow and learn from us. — Click Here (https://www.facebook.com/CareChooser)
3. If you’d like us to improve the wellbeing of your parents/spouse and have us find you a consistent carer send me a message on WhatsApp at bit.ly/carechooser-WA with the words “Carer”. Tell me a little about your parents/spouse, we’ll check availability in your area, send profiles and arrange a meeting.
4. Join us and be a Case Study I’m putting together a new case study at CareChooser... stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on improving the wellbeing of your parents/spouse and learn the secrets to getting the most from a carer... just send me a message on WhatsApp at bit.ly/carechooser-WA with the words “Case Study”.
5. Work with me and my team privately.
If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from stressed to wellbeing and have us find a bespoke carer matched uniquely for your family just send me a message on WhatsApp at bit.ly/carechooser-WA with the word “Private”... tell me a little about your parents/spouse and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!
Our carers provide you with specialised dementia care at home. Your loved ones will be looked after by carers with experience working and supporting people living with dementia and know how to adapt to the condition's changing nature.
Contact us on 0208 886 0686 if we can help in anyway.
We are a dementia friendly organisation and we deliver the Alzheimer's Society's free 45 minute-1hour long Dementia Friends information session. This session takes a very positive view of dealing with dementia. One of it's key 5 messages is that it is possible to live well with dementia. We also strongly align to one of the key elements of the campaign to change the way people talk about dementia and changing from the use of the term 'dementia sufferer' to 'person living with dementia'. We regularly deliver the free Dementia Friends session and can also deliver it 1:1 to family members or to whole family groups.
Previous conditions covered:
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 1 - Multiple Sclerosis
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 2 - Dementia
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 3 - Diabetes
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 4 - Alzheimer's
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 5 - Vascular Dementia
Home Care Guide - Conditions - Episode 6 - Parkinson's